Sunday 12 August 2012

Scrappers Delights Challenge "Back to school"

Hello everyone

Its time for the new challenge over on 

This challenge theme is:
"Back to school, Primary colours"

For this card, I decided to use my image as a back ground, and let it take up the intire card.
I printed it and matted it to brown card stock, and then again to my card blank.
I added the greeting and a few gem, and finally my little apple where I used the primary red.
I wanted a different take on this challenge, a way to show that even a little colour can be striking.

My main image, the books, I spent more then an hour colouring in with my chalks. 
I havent played with my chalks for a long time, but I love the result I got with them.

So here is my DT card for this challenge:



I hope you all like my card. I will definatly use my images as back grounds again, as I really love the way this card ended up.

Thank you for stopping by, and for any comments left behind.
Big hugs, Marleen xxx

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Marleen, I love the beautiful soft way you have coloured the image

    I hope you have a good Sunday
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. very effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card
    very effective
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Marleen, and the colouring in with the chalks is brilliant, so subtle and effective xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous,lovely image .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous back to school card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Marleen! I too love the effect of the chalks!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the softness of the col xx Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Marleen, I love the great effect you got with your chalks.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marleen,
    A beautiful card.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - colouring is so soft and subtle - beautiful
    Kate
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea and it works really well :)

    ReplyDelete