Wednesday 13 August 2014

Delicious Darkness - Our first challenge.

Hello everyone...

I have FAB news today. Some of you might know that Teri from Delicious Doodles also do dark images. And Teri has now decided to do a challenge blog only for the dark side. 
And I have been lucky enough to get a place on the DT.

Its no lie that Im affraid of the dark, that I dont do scary stuff and that clowns freak me out, so WHY did I want to join this DT??? The challenge of it.. thats why lol..

I have been on the Delicious Doodles DT for some months now after seeing the other DT members making amazing projects using some of the dark images, I decided to try myself. And to my big surprise, I LOVED it.

So that leads us to our first challenge.
The theme each month is Anything goes, but each month will have a twist.
Head to the challenge blog for all the info.

Here is what I have made for our very first challenge.
For this project I have ised the image called "Skully Pendant". You can find it in the
Delicious Darkness shop




THis is simply the image printed onto watercolour card and coloured with distress markers.
I then cut around the image using a circle die and cut a second circle while i was at it.

The bow on the image I cut out using a craft knife. I didnt cut it out fully, only the flaps themselfs, which I lifted and added silicone glue underneath so it will stay up.

I finished by adding a ribbon on the back with double sided tape and glueing my second circle on to.

And that was it. A little decoration for my christmas tree, done.

Thank you for popping by and for any comments left behind.
I hope to see you all taking a leap into the "dark" side and joining us.


2 comments:

  1. Darling ornament. Love the dimension on the bow, Marleen. Wondering if that fab brick background is a stencil. Looks great. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab ornament Marleen, I love the added dimension to the box...the perfect finishing touch :) xx

    ReplyDelete