Wednesday 10 February 2016

Bee crafty Inspiration - Valentine

Hello again :)

Once again wednesday and my turn to share a bit of inspiration for 

Well I already had a project made for today, I had it blogged and ready to go, when I remembered that Valentines day is only a few days away.
As my hubby happens to be home for Valentines day this year I thought I best make him a wee card.
My Bee Crafty stamps happend to be on my table when I realised this and at once I saw a fun challenge to get a card together.
I already had the Fleur and Freddy "Holding Hands" stamps which was an obvious choice but I also wanted a romantic background. I then remembered that the Banksy "Hope" stamp also had a heart on it.. and my back ground came to life..
 
 My Background is made on mulberry paper. I just love how everything works differently on this compared to cardstock.
I simply cut my paper to size to fit my card blank and started stamping the heart from the "Hope" stamp. I then cut the hearts of the "Holding hands" stamp (dont worry they are easy to line up together on my clear block again) and stamped that in the gaps.
I used versamark ink and red embossing powder and this is where the fun of mulberry paper comes in. The powder simply melt into the paper when heated so when you feel it, you would think the hearts was part of the paper and not stamped on top.
I added a bit of red distress ink over the paper using my blending tool in very light motions.
 
 
 Fleur and Freddy are stamped onto watercolour card and coloured with distress markers and then fuzzy cut.

 I diecut 2 hearts also from mulberry paper and stamped my greeting "Live with no excuses" using Archival black ink. I tried with versamark and embossing powder but it didnt work as text is so small and the versamark seeps into the paper. The Archival dry instantly so problem solved.
 
On both of the hearts as well as my background, I added a bit of gold embossing powder.

And here you go. The finished card. Now I just hope hubby likes it..
Thank you for popping by and for any comments left behind..
Oh and not to forget, Happy Valentines to you all..


1 comment: