Wednesday 24 January 2018

BeeCrafty Inspiration - Art Board

Hello again Bloggers

Wednesday once again and my turn to take over the blog over on
For today I have made an Art Board. I still find the MDF harder to work on the a piece of card but this time I was determined to make it play nice lol.
For my project today I also used the MDF cogs, the Life & Rain sentiment stamp, the Music Background stamp and the Da vinci Script stamp.


Im not gonna lie to you. This one took me quite some time to make. I started by glueing on some scraps of card stock. I intended for them to be partly showing through but as I painted.. and painted.. aaannnddddd painted, the paper just kind a got lost.. The egdes do show up however and it gives the artboard a feel of painted wood. I used a selection of acrylic paints that I have in my stash and as I said, I really just kept painting till I was happy with the background. I used Oxide ink to stamp the script stamp and the music stamp, but I didnt stick the stamps on to an acrylic block, I just stuck them on to my hand and dabbed stamp into the ink and then to the art board.|

My cogs are also painted with acrylic paint. I started with a copper colour and then used my finger to dab on a few other colours to make them older and rustier looking.
I finished my art board by stamping my sentiment strait on to the board with archival ink.
And that is it for today. Thank you for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Dont forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting

3 comments: