PanPastels Challenge 5 has commenced :-)
PanPastel is my first DT I've ever been part of. When I signed up for it, I didnt really know what to expect. I thought I'd just do a wee card with the PanPastels and that would be it.. Easy!!! But it has turned out totally different. (and I love it, may I point out :-) PanPastels are more like a chalk then a paint and every week I have to use my head to get the ideas going. With a normal card, I normally start with some beautiful paper and the rest of the card just kind of flows. But the PanPastel are so out of my comfort Zone that I really am challenged. It was just what I needed, something totally different.
So for this week I decided to try something totally different. A wee box. It not something I have ever really done before, but I have to say I really love the end result and the PanPastels work fantastic for this project.
If you fancy joining us at PanPastel here is the link for the challenge blog with all the details:
The winner will get a £5,- voucher to yourcreativitystore
What I did:
- Paint the wee box with the Magenta PanPastel using a big sponge.
- Cover roughly in gold leaf and brush away the excess so the colour of the box shows through.
- Cover the whole box in a glossy fixer and leave to dry.
- Die cut the chipboard flowers, cover with Magenta PanPastel and glossy fixer.
- Once box is dry add the lace around the lid.
- Punch out some leafs from gold mirri board.
- Stick the skeleton leaves to the box lid and layer up the flowers and punched leaves on top.
- Last, stick the wee tickets under the flower and add a bit of glitterglue to the flower.
What I used:
- A wee box.
- Magenta PanPastel and sponge tool.
- Chipboard and gold Mirri card.
- Lace and skeleton leaves.
- Leaf punch and tickets
Hope to see you all at the PanPastel Challenge Blog. Thanks for stopping by my blog. And THANK YOU for any comment.