It is once again PANPASTEL CHALLENGE time....
http://panpasteluk.blogspot.com/ Please pop over and join us..
Winner get a £5 voucher to yourcreativitystore.
Last week we had a FAB number of entries and hopefully this week will be just as FAB...
This week the challenge is: "Distress it"....
Distressing is one of my favorite technic's, I just love it, and there is SOOOO many way to add a bit of distressing. This Project I chose to keep very simple and my choice of Distressing was to "rough it up". All you do is to take an open pair of sissors and scrape the sides of your project.
Here is my card for this challenge:
What I did:
- Take a plain white piece of paper and cover with "Raw Umber" PanPastel. Gloss it over with decoupage gloss. Do the same with a piece of lined paper, this time using"Green" PanPastel.
- Leave both to dry...
- Once dry, cut the brown paper to fit the card blank, leaving a wee edge visible. Also cut a strip of the brown to fit over the whole card.
- Sand all edges with a sanding block and stick on to the card blank.
- Print out the digi stamp and colour in.
- Distress the edges using a distress sponge and distress ink pad and rough up the edges with a pair of sissors.
- Take the green lined paper and cut to size, rough the edges and add to the card at an angel.
- Take a length of ribbon and tie around the card, making a bow to the one side.
- Add the image and stick the 2 pins through the bow.
- Last add the 3 wee eyelits and cut 2 leaves from the brown paper and add under the bow.
What I've used:
- Card Blank, plain and lined paper.
- "Raw Umber" and "Green" PanPastels.
- Free digi stamp coloured with Promarkers.
- Tim Holtz distress ink pad and distress tool
- Ribbon, eyelits, pin's and leaf punch.
Thats it, plain and simple. It did not take long to make either. Sometimes, as a busy mum with 3 small kids, crafting time can be very limited, so this card fitted in quite easy.
I hope you all like it, and THANK YOU for any comments.