Today I wish to share a LayOut (LO) that I have made for "The Robins Nest" DT call.
It is an American shop: http://robinsnest-scrap.com/ but they also have the blog (link above) where they run challenges, blog hops ect..
Here is the LO that I've made:
What I used:
- Papers from DoverCraft, by Kate Knight, Called "wild blossom"
- Ribbon from stach
- Chip board letters
- "Me to You" outline letters, coloured with pink Promarkers
- Tag die from Ellison
- Gems and LOTS of glitterglue
What I did:
- When I scrap, I always start with my photo. I decided that I wanted to use the big main picture, but also the 2 smaller ones. I decided to keep the LO simple as the paper itself is quite a statement, with the big flowers.
- I first cut out the square of the pink paper and distressed it with a distressing tool. (an open pair of sissors will do the job)
- I then added the pictures but keept the sides open to slip the ribbon under, which I did next.
- I then cut out the flowers from a second sheet of the same paper. I shaped the flowers over a bonefolder to get them to lift of the page, and glued down just the center.
- The flower in the bottom right corner, I snipped a bit so it fittet snug under the picture.
- I added the "stop" and made the litte tiles "and smell the roses" using an offcut of the second paper. I coloured in the the letters on the sheet and once dry, stuck them on to the tiles.
- I cut the wee tag in the bottom left corner, using it to add the date and occation of the pictures, and tugged it under the picture.
- Lastly I added the few gems and LOTS of glitterglue to the flowers..
The story behind the picture:
These pictures was taken in 2009. They show myself and my son at the wedding of my sister-in-law. Michael was pageboy and he looked so handsom all dressed up. The minute the last picture was taken, he tore of his jacket and his tie off so the pictures are very special indeed.
Now I hope you all like my LO but THANK YOU very much for stopping by my blog and for all comments. They are much appriciated.
Hugs, Marleen xxx