I hope you are all having a nice weekend. Im busy, busy, busy this weekend as christmas is drawing near. But it is time for next PanPastel challenge. This week is called "ANIMALS"..
I had NO idea what to do with this challenge and I spent a long time trying to come up with something. I dont have many stamps with animal on, and the few I have just didnt come together for me, UNTIL I found this elephant here.. Elephants are my favorite animal, and this stamps came as a series of free digi's from a magazine. Once I got the stamp right, I sat down and played with my PanPastels. I used the black PanPastel first using a light touch, then added white PanPastel on top creating the shadows. I took me a few tries to get it looking right, but the amazing thing about PanPastels is, they blend SO well together. So here is my take on the "Animal Challenge".
What I did:
- Cover a dark grey card blank with a piece of silver mirri card. I used one with a prepressed texture in it.
- Cut a small piece of the grey card and overlap with a piece of grey gingham paper.
- Print out or stamp your choosen stamp and colour in using black and white PanPastel.
- Cut out your stamp and layer on to the card.
- Stamp or print your greeting, cut out and add to the card.
- Add the wee hinge or other embelishment and the gems.
- Finish of with fake stitches and glitterglue.
- Grey perlesent cardstock from local craft shop.
- Silver mirricard, with prepressed texture from local craft shop.
- Grey gingham paper. Internet freebie... just google it..
- Free digi stamp and greeting from www.simplycardmag.com.
- Hinge, recycled from ???
- Gems and glitterglue
I hope you all like my wee card, and I hope you will all join in the challenge. For all the info, head over on the challenge blog. And remember we are also having a DT call at the moment, closing on the 17dec.. If you want more info on the PanPastels themselfs, head over for a visit at http://www.yourcreativitystore.com/categories/PanPastel/, our sponsers...
THANK YOU for stopping by my blog and for any comments. Much appriciated
Hugs to you all, Marleen xxx