Tuesday 24 January 2012

Scrappers Delights DT card...

Morning blogger friends.

I would like to share my new make with you this morning. I asked Janice, the designer of the digi's to just surprise me, in which digi to use for this card, and she didnt dissapoint. this little lady is just soo cute. But I was in 2 mind on what to make with her.
I ended up colouring her in before chosing my papers to go with her, a total no-no for me. I decided I wanted something really fresh and spring like, as January is such a drab month. I cant wait till spring set in, but in the meantime a few colourful card will have to do..


Recipie
  • Chose your image, print, and leave to dry for atleast a couple of hours. (to prevent the ink smudging)
  • Once dry colour in. (I used Promarkers) and distress the with distress ink
  • Cover your card blank with your chosen paper, leving an edge of the card blank showing. Sand the egdes with a nailfile of sanding block before sticking down.
  • Cut a strip of contrasting paper. (all my papers are from DCWV - "the mini stack 3") and add near the top of the card.
  • Add the image so it sticks above the card.
  • Add the flowers and the small hearts, and tuc the leaves and pins under.

This card is quite top heavy, hence why I added the big flower instead of smaller ones. It evens out the balance. I have also left the card without a greeting, but to be added later if needed.


Thats it, Hope you all like my card. Thank you for stopping by, and an even BIGGER thank you for leaving me some love.. I love love :-)


Hugs, Marleen xxx

16 comments:

  1. Love the card.... Love the colours..... Love the flower ..... Love the card Shape.... is that enough LOVE xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card hunny and loving the colours bright and cheery xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Marleen. Love the image and such lovely colours to cheer one up on a dreay January Day!!!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great - I often leave out a greeting and then add one later, unless I am designing a card with a specific person in mind.

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I love the image
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Marleen, love your bright colours. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant ... love it love it love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. its gorjuss hun, i even like the pink lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE< LOVE< LOVE everything about your card, fabulous job: thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Marleen - love the colour combination you have used.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the card hun xx oh by the way i always colour my image then spend hours trying to match up xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning card marleen.i love the fab image and your colours are gorgeous ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Realy lovely card Marleen. So nicely coloured.
    Gwyneth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors great card Marleen thank you so much for sharing your inspiration.
    Love Janice

    ReplyDelete