Friday 3 February 2012

Stamping Dragon Design, Challenge, "Man's Love - Picture inspiration"

Morning blogger friends...


Its time for the new Stamping with the Dragon Challenge to go LIVE..
Theme this time is "Man's Love - Picture inspiration: use this picture as your inspiration...




Our sponcer this time is Dude Time Doodles with a fab prize of $5 gift certificate to Dude Time Doodles.

I loved this challenge. I have never done a picture challenge before so it was a bit tricky, but I sat down and looked through my mountains of papers and decided on this one. I know my card is not as pink as the picture, but I decide to go a bit more "manly". I love stars and find it a great alternative to flowers when making men's cards.
Here is my DT card for this challenge:





Recipe:

  • Print or stamp your chosen Image and leave to dry.
  • Cut a piece of dark blue card stock a few mill smaller then your base card. 
  • Cut your patterned paper a few mill smaller then the blue cards stock. (I used "its a man's world, by Clare Curd, from Docrafts, Paper Pack).
  • Add a strip of double sided tape in THE MIDDLE of the patterned paper and attach to the blue card stock and the run it through the sewing machine on a tight cross stich, down the sides.
  • Add the sewn card/paper to the card blank.
  • Colour your image and mount onto the same dark blue card stock as used before. Again only add tape to the middle of your image, run through the sewing machine this time on a strait stich.
  • Add image to your card at an angle.
  • Diecut 2 stars, and sand the egdes. (I used nesties star dies)
  • Add them to each side of the card using foam pads.
  • Mount a greeting onto the same blue card as before and also add to the card using foam pads.
  • Add gems. glitterglue and glossy accent to finish.
Tip: If you dont have or use a sewing machine, use a white pen instead. 


Hope you like my card, I think it turned out really well.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and a HUGE THANK YOU if  you took the time to leave a comment.

HUGE HUGS, Marleen xxx

11 comments:

  1. Marleen, this is excellent!! Love what you've done with Gary. I've posted a link to your blog on the Dude Time Doodles Facebook page - be sure to check it out!

    Cleota
    DTD Dudette & Sponsor Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, great image. Love the stitching detail x
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Marleen - love that backing paper.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab male card hun, love the image and those papers are fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marlene, great card love the image, papers and colours they are fab.
    Hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, perfect for any male! Love the stitching and I too am a fan of stars, well done!
    Michelle
    Dude Time Doodles Dudette

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous card Marleen. I love how you have used Gary on this card.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Marleen! Male cards are so hard to do, but you have it spot on...fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, forgot to say there is a little something for you here: http://cards--galore.blogspot.com/2012/02/some-lovely-newsand-it-couldnt-have.html

    ReplyDelete