Thursday 4 July 2013

A quick card for Shernocky crafts..

Morning everyone..

Its a busy time here with us in the rural Donegal, Ireland.. My kids are already finishing their first week of the summer holiday, and so far we are all still sane.. Well as sane as sane can be in this house anyway.. But with the summer holiday comes the challenge of keeping the kids entertained..
When the weather is good, well then its no problem.. Outside we go.. But on rainy days, and we do live in Ireland so we get plenty of those, the challenge really sets in..

So far so good.. We have managed.. the board games and the toys are still "new" but it wont be long till they will come to mummy here and look for new exciting things..
Im lucky really, I have 3 kids that all love being crafty. They know nothing better then to sit at my table and craft with me. But even so, and the point of my rambling, time for ME to craft, has been severely restricted.. 

Those of you that may stop by my blog from time to time, knows that I dont do diffecult. I tend to stay with cards that are simply and quick to make. Why?? Well, being a "single" mum (hubby works abroad) to 3 kids, one a toddler, dont leave much time to myself, but generally, I think I love the instant gratification. Knowing that I made something I can show off and be proud off..

And that leads me to the card I have made for Shernocky Crafts.
 
This card is not spectacular nor magnificent. It is me having a play, doing what I do best. Just letting my creativity flow.

For June, we, the DT got the following goodies to work with:

 1 x Paperartsy Hot Picks A5 stamp set
1 x Paperartsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paint
  1 x Polyview photo display book
10 small brown money envelopes
  A length of Jute ribbon

If you wish to see my first June project, click HERE.. 
And my second June project, click HERE...

As I have already used the little photo album & had a play with the money envelopes, I decided to once again do what I do best.. Quick & easy..

And this is what I came up with...

 I started by cutting a square of white card stock, a bit smaller then my base card.
I then used my stampset to cover the white card stock with different stams from the set, using brown memento ink. A coating of distress ink around the edges, gave me the vintage look I was after..

 I cut a piece of the Jute ribbon and stuck on to the Card.
I then proceded taking my paint and randomly paint on to the card. (This is all done BEFORE attaching the white piece, now stamped piece, of card to the card base.

 This paint is like liquid chalk. I love it. It dries really fast and just before it dries totally, you can rub it around just like chalk. It gives a lovely distressed/vintage effect.
Once my painting was done, I stamped my greeting, smothered in distress ink, and added to the card.

I finised with a few wooden cogs that I had lying in my stach.
All that was left to do, was to attach my card onto the craft card base card, and Voila..

I love how this card came out, and I will deffinatly be playing with this paint again soon. I just love it... And to me, It just show that even quick & Easy cards, can end up looking really good..

Thank you for stopping by & for any comments left behind.







1 comment: