Friday 8 December 2017

FranticStamper - More Egypt..

Hey bloggers 
and welcome..

Time to share a few more of my creations I made with the amazing New Release dies from
FranticStamper..
 Pop over to the FranticStamper STORE to see the whole collection. The theme is All around the world and its an amazing collection. 

I have once again used the egyptian themed dies and I have 4 projects for today. This is seriously one of my favorite die series I have ever seen.
 
I wanna tell you a funny little thing that happened when I was making these.
I was working away and my 12 year old son came into me. I had already shown him the dies and he loves them as much as me. (totally history buff this kid is and he is patiently waiting till he can play with the dies). Anyway, I had diecut a whole selection of these images, just sitting shuffling them about to get some ideas.. My son looks at me and says "mum your not gonna put those two ones together are you?? they dont go together". So I asked him to explain and he said: " the sarcophagus means death, its like a coffin and your putting it next to the hieroglyphic of life, that wont work mum". I got it delivered with a head shake, eye rolls and a laugh lol..
Personally still think the 2 would look great together my my history buff told me otherwise so I listened and kept them apart lol..

 Anyway.. this one is made from craft card smothered in Distress ink. I die cut my map in gold. When I diecut the map, all the little pieces stayed together even when i took it out of the die. Im guessing its because its such a detailed die?? But it still cuts perfect. So I added foam tape on the back of the map itself, but only glue on a the land pieces. I then took the whole thing, stuck it where I wanted it on my card and used a ball tool to push the land pieces down onto the card. As there was already glue there, all the pieces went strait onto the card and voila.. Easy peasy..
I diecut my paperdoll and used the egyptian add on die to dress him using black, gold and craft card.
The pyramid is just dicut, added distress ink and stuck strait to the card with foam tape.

 This one is very simple. My mat is gold mirri card as is my greeting. The Sphinx and the pyramid are just craft card with distress ink. My background is a sheet of paper from a Tim Holts paper pack. 


 And then there is these little beauties.. It was the first creation I made when the dies landed on my table. The hieroglyphics just lend them selves to this amazing little gift box. Its another die from the collection but it can be used for soooooo many things. It cuts the wee box in 1 go, with all the fold lines on it, so a spot of glue and voila.

One of the other girls have made boxes just like mine, with the same hieroglyphics on them, pure coincidence, but she has made her boxes in gold.. They look amazing so make sure you keep an eye of for her creation.
 
Last but not least for today.. One of my favorites.. I simply diecut the sarcophagus mutiple times from gold mirri card and added them to a white card blank. I matted and layered onto gold again and diecut my greeting from brown card stock. I did however find that the greeting got a bit lost, so I used one of my favorite tricks, I layered my greeting on top of a strip of vellum. It mutes the background a little bit but is still visible..

And that is it for today. Thank you for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Dont forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment