Wednesday 11 April 2018

BeeCrafty Inspiration. - Together we so rock.. 2 tone tecnique with embossing powder..

Hello Bloggers..

A quick card for today.. A friend of mine asked me just the other night if I by any chance could whip her up a quick card she could give to  her husband. She had a surprise for him and wanted a card to go with it. All she asked was that it was music themed..  
I knew strait away which stamps to use.. The music ones from BeeCrafty of course..
The Bee's has a fantastic range of music themes stamps. check them out HERE.





Right, forgive the bit weird selection of pics lol.. I did my best to try and capture the magic of this card.. 

First thing first.. the background.. its a play with distress ink in a couple of the red colours and water.. 

I then did all my stamping with black versa fine.. Versafine, I personally find is best of this tecnique due to its speed of drying and its crisp black colour. 

I didnt rush to add the silver embossing powder, I wanted to make sure some of the ink had started to dry already.. Where the powder came on solid, I rubbed a bit of it off just with a finger. (The finger is the best tool for this job as you dont want to brush of the full coat of powder, just a bit of it)
The key (and the tricky part) is to add only enough powder to "outline/enhance" the image. You dont want a solid embossed image.

The magic of this tecnique is that depending on how the light falls on the card, you either have a silver image or a black image.

Once I heat set the powder I matted and layered my card with black card, just to really make it all pop.

Right thats it really.. I love revisiting older stamps I have in my stash and trying out new tecniques and this one came in handy when a friend needed a wee favour.
That is it for today. Thank you for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Dont forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting





No comments:

Post a Comment