Wednesday 2 May 2018

BeeCrafty Inspiration.. Banksy

Hello dear bloggers..

Today's post is once again for BeeCrafty.
I have 2 cards to share today. They were made for the last Banksy Inspired show the Bee's had on Hochanda. Sadly, as I live in Ireland, sometimes the turnover time is just too short and our posties just cant run fast enough, resulting in my samples not making it to the Bee's in time. That was the case with these samples. I showed them on my Facebook at the time of the show, but I never blogged them. So today, while waiting for the Bee's to be back on the tellybox tomorrow, I thought would be a good time to share these..

 This one is made on water colour cardstock. I added distress ink direct to my acrylic block and gently misted with water. I then took my card and lay over the block. Left the card for a sec or two before peeling back off again. Once my card was dry I stamped my Banksy girl and my sentiment. I finished with a black pen to draw the outline border and a pink mat. 

Find all the goodies I've used for both cards HERE in the Beecrafty store..

This card is top of my list of favorites I've ever spat out.. I know, self praise is no praise and that is ok but I love how this came together..

Its a card thats come together from several times of playing. The background paper itself is made with the shaving foam tecnique. Once the paper was dry and aired I cut it into strips, Mixed up the strips and added them to another pice of paper and cut to size. By mixing the strips up I broke up the design but as the colours was so gentle it didnt matter.

I then took the sun dinkable and made my sun and then did all my stamping. I used black archival ink and I tend to use my misty stamping tool just to get a more crisp image, but an acrylic block will do the job just as well.
I finised with a black mat and that was it.

And that is it for today. Thank you for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Dont forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting



1 comment:

  1. two super cards Marleen ... I just love those banksy stamps and love watching the Bee shows on hochanda ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete