Friday 21 September 2018

Shaker card with half cut out - Daring cardmakers Challenge.

Hello Beautiful People
and welcome to my blog.

Its time for my third guest post for the
Daring Cardmakers Challenge Blog.

Its a weekly challenge and I have joined the DT for the month of september.
Make sure to pop over to the blog for all the deatils.

The challenge this week is "Beads".
 
 

This one is a simple "mop-up" background but I used a shimmer spray instead of plain water. I then stamped my butterfly (from Colourific) and my sentiment using archival ink. I then used a knife and cut around the wings of the butterfly making sure I didnt cut the body. On the back of the butterfly I glued a piece of accetate and build foamtape around the opening and on the rest of the card and filled it with beads and sequins. I then added my card blank on top and finished with a few beads on the butterfly's body and a bit of glossy accent.

And that is it for today. For all the details of the challenge pop over to the blog.
  Thank you for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Dont forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting


 

5 comments:

  1. Marleen, that's super beautiful! I love your two ideas to use beads. The body of the butterfly is great and I love your shaker window in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beads on the butterfly and the shaker element under the wings. Gorgeous card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is stunning!! Definitely Daring too 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea for a shaker. I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great knife skills there, fabulous shaker card! Love the beady body, too!

    ReplyDelete