Wednesday 31 July 2019

Book marks for my book worms - Colourific Inspiration

Hi everyone
and welcome to my blog.

My house is full of book worms. I have always been an avid reader myself but now I have 3 children who are all book worms too. Its currently summer holliday here in Ireland and should you by any chance take a walk through our house, you will find at least 2 people reading at any time of the day lol.. Anyway.. Many books on the go, means many book marks are needed. I always try to have a few extra lying but had run out so for todays post I decided to make a few.

So for todays project for  Colourific
I pulled out some tags and my stamps and got started..

For the boy tags I used:
A6 - grunge background
A6 - Alphabet & Numbers


And for the girls tags I used:
A6 - Moderne Flowers
A5 - Peonies

Find them in the STORE along with all the other amazing stamps.

 

 
***
 



All the tags were made the same way.
I used tags I cut from canvas paper. (After they were finished and totally dry I layered them up on another tag cut from card stock to make them more sturdy) I used Distress Stains as my colouring and used a water brush to move the colour to where I wanted it.

I stamped using a variety of Archival inks as they are water proof and stayed in place as I moved the colour around.

The "read" on the boys tags, I stamped each letter onto a scrap piece of card stock and glued onto the tag individually.

Normally I would finish adding a piece of ribbon to the top of the tag, but my kids has asked me not too as they find it distort the books as they pile them up.. Their wish is my command eh lol

And that is it from me for today.
Thank you for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Don't forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment